Terms of Service
Effective Date: 1-Dec-2020
Platform Studio Inc (“Platform”) is a Venture Studio that creates and funds startup ideas and, if and when meeting certain criteria, spins them out as separate businesses.
These Terms of Service cover your usage of Platform’s products and services, which may include products and services provided under other brands, and products and services currently in alpha or beta testing (in all cases referred to as “Services”).
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. This applies to any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the terms, we reserve the right to terminate your account with the particular product or service in question, or with all of our Services.
Alpha and Beta Products
Many of the products and services provided by Platform will be in either “Alpha” or “Beta” stages of development at the time you are using them. By using these products and services, you acknowledge and accept the limitations of products in these early stages of development including, but not limited to, the following:
- functionality may be discontinued, altered, or modified frequently, and at any time, without prior notification,
- a significantly higher number of bugs and services outages are likely to be encountered,
- data you enter into the product or service may be lost or corrupted,
- the product or service may be discontinued at any time.
These limitations apply even in cases where you are paying to use the product or service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account(s) and password(s). Platform cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account(s). That includes content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Availability, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law and Platform’s Copyright Policy.
- Unless otherwise stated, we claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services.
- We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by Platform.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or Platform.
You expressly understand and agree that Platform shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Platform has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
We may revise our Terms of Service from time to time. We may notify you of changes by sending you an email to the last email address you provided to us or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website and updating the “Effective Date” at the top of this page. Changes to these Terms of Service will be effective on the Effective Date reflected at the top of this page. By continuing to use our Services, websites, mobile application, platform, or otherwise keep in touch with us, you acknowledge that you accept the changes to the Terms of Service and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
If you are working with Platform as part of the Platform Guild, you are bound by the terms of the Platform Guild Agreement, in addition to these Terms of Service. Should there be any conflict between the Platform Guild Agreement and these Terms of Service, the Platform Guild Agreement shall prevail.
If you have any questions or comments about these Terms of Service, please contact us electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or by physical mail at:
Platform Studio Inc
58 West Portal Ave PMB 750